Thursday, May 5, 2011

Basement Family Room Makeover and Brag Wall Tutorial

I am thrilled that our house makeover/remodel is coming to a close. I wanted to share half of the finished family room in the basement... only half because the south wall is a built-in entertainment center and it isn't ready yet:) Below is the "before." Technically this was a "finished" basement however the first time we updated we did the bare necessities (painted the cement and got new carpet.) So we "started over" and made it much more functional. We drywalled the walls and ceilings... oh and added the boy bedroom for one more bedroom.
I want our home to be beautiful and current but still reflect us so I created this brag wall. It has a name plaque for each child and their latest "art." All it takes is a little vinyl lettering of your choice, any kind of scrap wood or pressed wood painted to match your decor and wire to hang them.... oh and a little tacky glue:) I purchased the below pictured clips in bulk on ebay... I use them for hair accessories and a few other things too... cost $5 for 100... great deal!

Be sure and let the glue dry over night!!!

The kids love their brag wall and it frees up a little bit of refrigerator space:)

Linking up to...

Photobucket
UndertheTableandDreaming

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Such a cute idea!!
Jennifer
http://craftyhair.blogspot.com

Susan said...

I love this idea! Thanks for the tip on the eBay clips. I saw something like this at Marshalls or something that used larger clipboard-style clips but this is much more cost-effective! Not to mentioned personalized!

Michaela Dunn Leeper said...

I love the wall! I'm really lovin' the clippy boards! Scrap wood has SOOOOO many possibilities (I'm working on a scrap wood project again now).

Elder Esplin said...

CUUUTTEE! I love them!

Jennie {Cinnaberry Suite}

Homemade Heather said...

Oooo I love this idea! So simple and functional! Thanks for sharing ~ please come by and say hi sometime! ;)

Unknown said...

What a fantastic idea! I'm always looking for new ways to display my 2 year old son's artwork. LOVE this...actually, the whole room looks great! Found you at "Teriffic Under Ten Tuesdays."

Amy
http://oneartmama.blogspot.com

Simply Bungalow said...

Great Idea!
~Heidi

Rachael C said...

I have something very similar that I bought years ago, but without the names. I love this idea!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Tiffany - I am loving you rnew art wall. Such a fantastic idea. Always something new to hang! Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase Party - I greatly appreciate it. I have featured this. Hope you are having a great week ~ Stephanie Lynn
www.bystephanielynn.com