Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Peach Crisp

I am a day late and a dollar short on this lovely recipe but I took the darn pictures and measured instead of dumping so I would have something to share, so I am sharing. (I felt if I didn't share I would have just wasted all that time taking pictures and measuring, which really doesn't make too much sense because blogging is pretty much just a time waster in itself and therefore in order to share this post and this recipe and lovely picture I have "wasted" lots of time... kind of an oxymoron or something)  After all that rambling I'm still going to share!  So enjoy and sorry that you'll have to go find some really crappy peaches in order to try this because I'm such a slow poster and the stinkin' peach season was over a good week ago.
You'll need...
5-6 peaches (peeled, pitted, and sliced)
1/3 cup melted butter
1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white  sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
cinnamon and sugar shaker (I use the same one I use for the kids' toast)

Preheat to 350.  Combine peaches, lemon juice and 3-4 Tbsp. of the Cinnamon and sugar mixture.  Spread into a greased 9 x 9 baking dish.  Cover with 1/3 cup white sugar.  In separate bowl mix remain ingredients.  Crumble over the peaches and bake 45-55 minutes. (for a 9x13 double the recipe and bake for 55-60 minutes)

1 comment:

Debra Daniels-Zeller said...

I love this recipe and I'm sad that peach season is coming to an end. I bet it works well with apples and pears too. Your photo is lovely.