Friday, February 25, 2011

Ribbon Hung Pictures

This project is so easy and can turn any thrift store wall decor into a custom DIY piece.








I was too busy and excited to take pictures before or during the creation process...BOO!!!
I will try to describe the process...
1. For the pink shelf I took a thrift store welcome sign and painted it pink to match my daughters pastel room.
2. I used a 1/4 inch drill bit and made three holes for the knobs which I found in my "knob door."
3. The hard part is choosing the photos... once you get that done print them with a white border.
4. For assembling the ribbon part you need.... ribbon, hot glue, card stock, kids glue stick, and clear fingernail polish.
5. Matte the cardstock 1/2 inch larger than your photo or so. You need two identical pieces.
6. Measure the ribbon to your desired hanging length.
7. Hot glue the ribbon between the cardstock.
8. With the glue stick attach your photo to the outside of the cardstock.
9. Use the clear fingernail polish on the ends of the ribbon to prevent fraying.




No comments: